Firstly, Scott & Vivian had a new (as yet unnamed) baby girl. Go say congratulations.
- Apparently Adobe’s new Photoshop CS3 was developed using agile methodology with great success.
- Scott Hanselman throws down the challenge for the Ultimate Developer Rig
- Scott Guthrie has an extensive post on some new Orcas features: Automatic Properties, Object Initializers, and Collection Initializers. Automatic properties, such a simple change but will save so much redundant coding Also, extension methods rock!
- Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud looks like it may have some serious potential for small-med developers.
- .NET 2.0 makes custom configuration section handlers even easier
Science & Tech
- It was Pi day. Mmmm, I like pi.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 released
- Paul Stanatiou gets his hands on a $100 laptop. His verdict:
Iâ€™m glad something like this exists, itâ€™s going to revolutionize the way third world countries mature technologically and get online.
- Gears of War 2 confirmed
- Google Earth images faked. All of a sudden people realise that there is no guarantee that anything on there is real.
- Google has put up a special page for the Cricket world cup. This must be because they’ve got Indians and Australians working there now. The Yanks just don’t get cricket
Video of the week
Not wanting to get political at all, but this interview really impacted me.
Screw the politics, this is about real people.
Also, if you’re reading this in a feed reader, you should have seen the effects of my super-duper Noembedder plugin working. Hope you had a great week.